Most Bloggers face a common issue which is website speed. After establishing a Blog, the Blog or website’s speed becomes slow. Their Blogs page takes more than 5 seconds to load. Of this user experience becomes bad. There are sufficient reasons behind this. Many bloggers installed a number of WordPress plugins & heavy WordPress themes. So, their Blog’s speed becomes slow. In this post, I will discuss all the possible reasons for slow websites & also tell solutions for speeding up Blogs or websites.
What is the issue? Website speed test
Sometimes, many bloggers face the issue of slower loading of the web page. Due to this issue, their user experience gets worse. This affects on Search Engine visibility of their website or blogs. Some of them (Website owners/Bloggers) feel that they see their site loads in a very short time but it is not correct in a specific time.
This page speed is only for website owners that see this website on their PC. This fast speed is seen due to the Browser cache. So, Blog’s real speed is different from this. You can test your blog’s speed by Gtmetrix, and Pingdom Speed Test, & Google provides you also Google Page insights, etc.
How to test your website speed test?
If you run a blog or any other type of website. then you need to check your website speed a regular basis so that your Readers might get a better experience while visiting your Blog Posts. The page speed test is a big thing for a blogger. You have many tools to check your WordPress speed. the name of the tools are given below:-
- 1. Gtmetrix
- 2. Pingdom Tools
- 3. Google Page Speed Test Insights
- 4. WebPageTest
- 5. DareBoost
- 6. Website Speed Test (Image Analysis Tool)
- 7. SEO Site Checkup
- 8. Site 24 x 7
- 9. Dotcom-Tools.com
- 10. UpTrends
Which of these you should use?
You should use GTmetrix as you will find there are a lot of things to reform.
Causes of slow website loading
There are many reasons for getting slow website speed. Of these, I am trying to share with you. With this knowledge, you will be able to find faults in your website system. The reasons are given below:-
1. Bad web hosting
This is not wrong to say that The overall speed of your website or Blog depends on your web hosting. Don’t buy web hosting in hurry. Web hosting matters about page load speed. You can also find any test tool by typing page speed checker. There will be a unique connection between your Blog & your readers. This connection depends on the quality of web hosting. So, if your web hosting is good then your Reader’s experience is also good. you can also check website performance at any time.
There is most possible reason for a slower website or not satisfying page loading speed is low-quality web hosting service. Most Bloggers, start their journey without any past experience with the web hosting ABC. They buy low-quality web hosting from any web hosting service Provider. So Buy web hosting from a Branded Company like that Hostinger, Bluehost, etc.
2. Using A heavy WordPress theme
In order to make an attractive website or Blog, Bloggers install a heavy size of WordPress theme. As a result, their Blog or website takes a long time to respond to or load. This makes the user experience bad. A new user leaves your site instant & jumps to another. So there is a loss of ranking, also.
3. Using many WordPress Plugins
Most Bloggers install a lot of plugins on their WordPress site to make it more functional. In a WordPress site, having a lot of Plugins makes your site too slow. Then your site losses the best relationship with its Readers. Please mention here, that loss of speed is more effective in this Plugin issue as compared to the WordPress theme issue. you need to install only mandatory Plugins in your WordPress.
4. Using of many Java scripts in your WordPress
The WordPress site becomes slow due to using java scripts more than needed. Yes, If you use a lot of Java script then your site takes too long to load the web pages. You should use a minimum number of Java scripts. So that your site might respond to your readers in time.
5. Having inactive Plugins & WordPress themes
There is also a solid reason behind the slower speed of the website which is having inactive Plugins & WordPress Themes in your WordPress website. This inactive themes & Plugins become your site slower.
6. Having a lot of Trashed pages, Posts, Images, Others things.
If you have a lot of Trashed Pages, Posts, Images & others then it is also possible that your WordPress site might load more than 5 seconds. That is a bad time for user Experience.
Read also these articles:-
- What is Adcash Ad Network & how can you earn through this Ad Network?
- What is a sandbox & is my blog in a Sandbox?
7. Using an updated Plugin & themes for a long time.
If you are using an older version plugin or WordPress theme that has not been updated for a long time. Then it is also possible that your WordPress site has a critical condition and your site loses its best loading speed.
How to speed up the WordPress site
Still using a lot of WordPress themes & Plugins there is the issue of website speed. yet there are a number of WordPress plugins to optimize our site speed. There are also other tips for optimization for a WordPress site. These are few optimizations are given below:-
- 1. Use a few WordPress PluginAlways use only mandatory Plugins in your WordPress Blog. Because there are a number of WordPress plugins it might be possible that you install many plugins to make your site more functional
- Use only the latest updated version of the WordPress Plugin that works correctly.
- Uninstall the inactive WordPress Plugins from your WordPress Websites.
- Prevent Installing more than one Plugin for the same action or operations on your WordPress site.
- If you have a blog then you can use the following Plugins:-
- Akismet Anti-Spam: To get rid of Spam Comments & security issues
- Easy Table of Contents: To show a heading of content
- Light speed cache: To optimize your blog website speed
- Contact Form Query: To place a contact form
- Instant Indexing: To get instant indexing of your posts/pages
- Rank Math SEO: To get SEO Benefits in Google
- Share Social Media: To place social site share icons
- Site Kit by Google: To Set up domain verification & other
- 2. Use a lightweight WordPress Theme for your WordPress Website
- Keep in mind that you should use always a lightweight WordPress theme in your WordPress site so that your blog might load in a minimum time.
- If you have installed a lightweight theme then your site responds at the best loading speed.
- Before installing any WordPress theme Please insure that your theme is mobile friendly or not. This information exists in the WordPress theme info or description. Because this is also a ranking factor In Google SERP.
- Please install one of the following WordPress themes for setup a Blog
- Newspaper lite; Newspapers; GeneratePress; Multipurpose Magazine, etc.
- 3. Change your Server Name in your web hosting account
- If you can boost your webpage loading speed up to 50% then do one thing Please change your Name and Server name in your web hosting Account. here are the tips to change the name server:-
- Please create an account on cloudflare.com with your email ID & complete verification.
- Submit your domain address (URL) in your Cloudflare account in the section “DNS”.
- Copy the generated SERVER NAME from cloudflare.com & paste your Webhosting account.
- You will see an imaging result in the speed of your site.
- 4. You can use a specific WordPress Plugin for Speed Optimization
What are website speed test tools?
The website speed test tool is for testing your website speed. It gives a lot of details that help you to understand user Users’ or Readers’ experience u0026amp; you will be able to improve them.